An archive for eating out pleasures.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Thai Tom

Thai Tom - Seattle

I have been to Seattle just once and I loved the city. I was there for 4 days or so and my most memorable dinner was at Thai Tom. Its a very small place tucked away in a wall - located in Seattle’s U district. Its so small that I think all the tables were just big enough to accommodate 2 people. Alternatively you can sit at the ‘bar’ which is a long wooden table that runs along the open kitchen.

My friend had insisted we meet there and I immediately realized why. The smell coming from the open kitchen was terrific. In fact he was so insistent that when our 3rd friend - being hopelessly drunk fell smack down on the pavement right in front of Thai Tom - we dropped him home and came back for the food!

I forgot what I had but rest assured .. everything there has to be terrific. The food somehow ‘feels’ authentic Thai. The small cramped seating, the dark weathered appearance, and the fiery, awesome food - it all adds up. Or should I say - it feels like being in a small bylane in Bangkok.

Cash only. Be prepared to wait - outside. Don’t come expecting an idyllic romantic dinner. Wait, sit, order, eat, pay, get out. Relish forever.

Food: ***** Ambiance: * Price: $
Last visited: late-2005

No comments: