An archive for eating out pleasures.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sunrise Cafe

Sunrise Cafe - Mira Mesa, San Diego

Sunrise Cafe is a small cafe located in a strip mall very near the Qualcomm offices in Mira Mesa. They serve coffee, bagels, sandwiches etc. The main draw is without doubt their Gyro. I kept dreaming about having Gyros from Sunrise cafe months after I had left San Diego. They are that good. The meat - even though I am sure they order it and don’t prepare it themselves - is amazing, the pita is darn good and the cucumber sauce that comes with it is among the best.

The cafe has limited seating .. probably just enough for 10-12 people, but theres additional seating outside - and being San Diego you can sit out all year through. The coffees are good and they offer some good flavourful concoctions. Among pizza - theres a limited variety but somehow it appears healthy (though pizza and healthy don’t really go together). There are other items available but I used to have the Gyros every time I would visit the place .. so I have no idea how they taste. But other patrons always seemed happy so I guess they must be good too. I have spent a few long lunches there .. chatting with friends or reading the magazines which are surprisingly current and also include Time and Newsweek.

Go on Tuesdays - thats when the Gyros are for 5 bucks in the lunch special.

Food: **** Ambiance: * (its a cafe after all) Price: $
Last visited: mid-2006

No comments: